CFI Lesson Plans: Private Pilot (Word DOC)
Private Pilot Lesson Plans
The perfect companion for CFI's. Taken from the Private/Commercial Pilot Flight Instructor Notebook by Bridgette Doremire, these lesson plans are "topic" based. Different from the "lesson plan" that is a plan of a complete flight or ground session containing many different topics, these topic lesson plans contain the Objective, Elements, Common Errors, Completion Standards, Sources, and other items a flight instructor applicant, ground instructor, or flight instructor needs to know to teach that particular topic in accordance with the FAA's Practical Test Standards. These allow the flight instructor applicant to demonstrate topic "instructional knowledge", defined as being able to go to the original source material for an item.
These topic lesson plans go beyond the minimum FAA standard with a "Things To Remember" section designed to condense nearly a decade of the author's instructing experience combined with the centuries of combined experience of the instructors the author has had the pleasure to know. "Things to Remember" should keep the new instructor out of some trouble, provide thought-provoking experiences to remind the instructor of their own flying experiences which will allow for a better lesson presentation during and after checkrides, and provides for conversation starters with students. Do the students really understand the topic? (Does the flight instructor?)
These were released previously as "Jedi Nein's" Lesson Plans and have been completely overhauled and updated for 2009.
Microsoft Word DOC
- Editable; allows flight instructors and applicants to add their own experiences to the plans, very helpful when preparing for a checkride
Adobe Acrobat PDF
- Allows you to print and reference in every day flight instruction at will from your computer*. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download, available here.
Delivery Options: Immediate download (after purchase)
- Get access to the Lesson Plans any time, 24/7
- This publication may be printed and used personally by flight instructors to assist in the training of their students only. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any manner for profit without prior written permission of the publisher.
Notice of Liability:
- This book does not supersede any procedures, directives or documents from the FAA, aircraft and avionics manufacturer, POH, and so on. No warranty is expressed or implied. The buyer of this Qref product assumes all responsibilities pertained to the safe operation of the aircraft. Purchaser of this product consents and completely understands to, and agrees upon, by buying this product, that the author, publisher, manufacturers, and any other entity involved, bears no liability or responsibility for death, injuries, or damage to property, from the use of this product. No guarantees are made on the degree of accuracy of the information contained in this product.